NBA Chat With Oliver Maroney – 1/12/17

Join kBaBasketball’ Columnist and Writer Oliver Maroney for his weekly NBA chat on Thursday, January 12th, 2017, at 5:00 p.m ET. Oliver will be answering any and all questions related to the league, including how your favorite team or player fared in our MVP and team power rankings.

1. Polkanar

Bradley beal an allstar??

• Oliver Maroney

Beal, when healthy, is certainly in the conversation. I think the problem with him being an All-Star this year is his inconsistency early on. His team record also isn’t highly regarded, which is another reason it’s hard to see him as one. But as far as talent, I think he’s one of the best jump-shooters in the league when he’s healthy. His frequent and consistent ability to hit from outside is extremely efficient and it really adds a dynamic that Washington doesn’t have. When you talk about pure shooters and proper mechanical form, he’s also at the top of the list. He’s not an All-Star this season but he has the talent to become an All-Star as he’s shown at times this season.

Thanks for the question!

Oliver

2. JimInCyberspace

Oliver,

Three mid season questions.

1. Any reason other than a key injury to believe it won’t be the Cavs and Dubs in the Finals?

2. Will Boogie be playing PO BB this season, either with Sacramento or another team?

3. Do the Clippers finally make it to a conference finals, if not…what happens to lob city as we know it?

• Oliver Maroney

Thanks for the questions…

1. I think it’s really hard to believe that it’ll be anyone else but Golden State and Cleveland. However, we’ve seen a fair share of injuries this season. If Cleveland or Golden State suffer an injury, I think it’s still very probable that someone else ends up there.

2. I still have a belief that Cousins won’t be in the playoffs unless he’s with another team. Although Sacramento has been better than many expected or anticipated, their schedule is still very difficult and other teams like Portland, Minnesota, and L.A. could jump them due to their early struggles.

3. At the beginning of the year, I said this “was a make it or break it year for them.” This team had been constructed in hopes of making it to a Finals or Conference Finals. The fact that they haven’t yet made it there is unfortunate due to the injuries and crunch-time decision-making early on. I think we see one of the three pieces get moved and some front office changes if they can’t get past the second round.

Thanks for the questions!!

Oliver

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com